Board of Directors – Understanding and Further Training?
- Directors’ liabilities and corporate governance
- What is a company? What can it do?
- What is a director? Types of director
- Director’s responsibilities (SMCR &
- Internal governance
- Corporate administration
- Financial difficulties and investigations
- General duties
- Promoting the success of the company
- Embedding duties
- Reasonable steps (SMCR – See DEPP 6.2.9-E)
- Legal context
- Duty to act in good faith and with due care
- Conflicts of interest
- What will you do to improve your approach to governance and your role as a director?
- What will be different about your next board meeting?
- Board maturity
- What do performance and success mean to your board?
- Are there key messages / assumptions you need to challenge?
- Do you have adequate succession plans in place?
- What are your board’s future and legacy issues?
- Action plans
- Turning rhetoric into reality
- Starting conversations to develop board and senior management team insight
- Evaluating board and senior management effectiveness
- Improving information flows between the board and the senior management team
If you need to create, review or execute your Governance. Risk or Compliance strategy, call us today on 0207 097 1434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thoughts on Organisational Charts
Regulatory Complaint Handling & The FCA
Compliance Annual Reporting Requirement
The Importance of Good Management Information (MI)
Directors and/or Partners Responsibilities and Further Training
Compliant Financial Promotions – Advertising
Governance Risk & Compliance Frameworks
The Importance and Value Of The MLRO’s Report
Compliance Bench-Mark Check: Annual Policy Review